Steps to Independence Walk/Run
September 29th, 2018
Big Four Lawn at Waterfront Park
Click here to Start Your Team or to Donate!
The Down Syndrome of Louisville's "Steps to Independence" Walk/Fun Run will celebrate the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and their accomplishments.
The Lifelong Learning Centers located in Louisville and New Albany provide innovative and research-based education and development for all ages of individuals with Down syndrome. The Walk is DSL's largest annual fundraiser and continues to help us grow programs and services for our members in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. We need your help to ensure the continuation and expansion of these programs.
- Kids Fun Zone area where children can play games and win prizes.
- 5K Run
- Spirit Sprint, which is a short, fun race for people with Down syndrome over the age of 10. After the Spirit Sprint, those individuals who wish to are invited to display their medals near the stage.
- Family Walk of various distances through the Waterfront Park
- Family Picnic Zone with great food
- Live music by Michael Bush and The Allstars band
Can't attend the Walk? Your help is still vital! Form a team allowing friends and family the opportunity to honor your loved one through donations. You can even have a sign made to be placed along the Walk course for all attendees to see.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:00am - 5K Run/Walk Welcome Tables Open
8:00am - Kids Fun Zone Opens
8:00am - 5K Run Begins
9:00am - Spirit Sprint
9:30am - Family Walk Begins
10:30am - Awards, Live Music, and fun activities!
ParkingThe RED parking lot is for drop offs only
- You may park in these lots: SILVER, TAN, the BROWN-FORMAN, ORANGE, and you can also park on the NORTH SIDE of River Road.