Our Mission: Support, Educate, Advocate
Our mission is to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome, and their families, by providing support, information, education, and advocacy for their rights and concerns; thus enabling each individual to reach his or her full potential.
Our Statement of Philosophy
Down Syndrome of Louisville adheres to a number of inherent values, principles, and beliefs as follows:
- We believe in providing high-quality educational services and support that strive to maximize the unique abilities and self-esteem of each person with Down syndrome.
- We believe in the intrinsic worth of all persons with Down syndrome and commit to advocating for their full rights in education and daily life.
- We believe that individuals with Down syndrome should have as much control over their lives as possible, and be provided opportunities to express personal choices and values in which they believe.
- We believe in the support and education of all families, guardians, and professionals to empower and maximize the achievements of all persons with Down syndrome.
- We believe in the value to socialize and connect in an inclusive environment.
- We believe in providing services to all regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, or age or degree of disability.